By now, I’m sure anyone who’s on Facebook has been tagged (or at least otherwise seen) the 25 Things About Me thing that’s been going around. After a few sad attempts, and in honor of the big V-Day, I figured instead of writing about myself again, why not dedicate my 25 Things to the man in my life, Mr. Poop and Boogies himself, the pseudo-famous, and always infamous William? After all, I don’t show him what he truly means to me & our family nearly as much as I should.
25 Reasons I Love William, Let Me Count the Ways:
- You always make me laugh.
- You are a shining example of a good great smack down, top of the heap, funkadelic, like nobody’s business, stellar, superfly, rock star parent.
- You make me breakfast (sometimes in bed).
- You put up with some of my crap, but not all of it.
- You inspire me to be a better person.
- Even though I’m virtually suffocating under a pile of flab rolls and stretch marks, you still think I’m beautiful.
- You give me space and time to myself, even if it means giving up your own time.
- You always stick up for me, no matter what, even if I’m being a *little* dramatic or silly.
- You wipe the toothpaste spittle off my chin.
- You still love me despite my belching problem.
- You always buy (and cook) me crab legs when they’re on sale.
- You always crack open & give your crab legs to the boys, getting very little for yourself even though you bought/cooked them, so that I can enjoy mine.
- You warm up my heat pad at night & stick it under my covers before I get into bed.
- You always bring me a glass of water at night.
- You’ve shown me what it truly means to be selfless.
- You have the confidence and integrity to stand behind what you think & say, and the humility to apologize when you are wrong.
- You have nice legs.
- You delivered the most accurate, thoughtful, and touching eulogy for my father even though you were in the midst of losing your own.
- Anyone can rely on you when in need.
- You send me flirty emails.
- You don’t care what other people think.
- You almost never point out my flaws.
- You are always up for making out, even if I have the most foul morning/ coffee/ garlic bagel breath.
- You gave me the best wedding ever, which included death-defying tandem bicycle rides, karaoke, and this cast of characters:
25. You never go to bed without telling me you love me.
I know there are tons more reasons to love William, but these are just a few. Thank you for improving the quality of my life on a daily basis!