Has it really been that long since I posted anything? It literally feels like I blinked two weeks away. Little Jackson has been sweet as ever, and all three boys have been happily keeping us busy these past couple of weeks. I was worried that I would feel completely overwhelmed, but I mostly just feel thankful and in awe of the circle of life. Thank you everyone for all of the comments on his pictures– he really is a cute baby, although he’s still kind of in that awkward newborn phase. I’m thinking he’s going to look a little more like Max- lighter hair, blue eyes…
I’ve been writing the story of his arrival, but also experiencing diarrhea of the mouth (er… pen? keyboard?) and can’t seem to get it edited down to an acceptable length where anyone would actually have the time or want to read it… so until then, I can’t help myself, here are some more photos:
If anyone knows how to create mosaics with flickr, I would greatly appreciate instructions 🙂 as I’m sure these photos would look a lot better presented that way.
Some fun stuff that’s been going on ’round these parts:
- Jackson has already had his first bout of pink eye.
- When he was about a week old, I did manage to get out of the house for a bit, (without any kids) and I bumped into someone I hadn’t seen in a few weeks. She obviously wasn’t aware that I’d already given birth, and promptly asked me if I was feeling any contractions yet… nice. I guess in my case, nursing does not make the pounds just melt off… yet (I hope).
- I have been shown over and over again just how kind and generous people are, and I’m really feeling like I need to pay it forward to make up for all of the kindnesses that have been extended to our family.
- I’ve forgotten how much I love, love, love little babies! Jackson is like a little cuddly kitty cat- I feel like a little girl with my dolly that I carry around everywhere.
- I got way too excited to get dressed up yesterday for my big day out…. to my dentist appointment.
- Bill has been transformed into superdad, (well, he kinda already was superdad, maybe now superdad on steroids?) in how awesome he’s been taking care of Max & Wyatt while Jackson & I are connected at the boob.
- Poop, poop, and more poop (and a fair amount of boogies, too).
Other than that, things have been pretty good. Stay tuned for more fun…
Filed under: on the homefront |